Modern app development has become easier due to the improvement and accessibility of development tools, but it is also trickier and harder to make an app that will attract the attention of wide audience. The rush to grab the topmost position in the app store is growing swiftly and on the contrary, the way of approaching the position is narrowing day by day.
It is surely a bottleneck situation for developers as well as users because it is difficult for them to pick one app out!
The evolution of App Store Optimization has embarked as a problem-solving tool in this ailing app market. Earlier, the resources had to be focused on the development of good app and the marketing was done through usual channels but today, it has become important to focus on both and devise a proper marketing strategy as early as possible.
“One of the most efficient approaches to marketing is ASO”
What is App Store Optimization?
ASO stands for App Store Optimization which is rather common practice among modern mobile developers and publishers. ASO is basically a technique of strategically promoting the mobile applications in any online app to enhance the visibility of the app.
You will be able to increase your app’s rating and visibility, which in turn drives more installs or sales!
By reaching the App Store’s top charts, you are ensuring that app remains visible to users and more potential customers are appearing since the user mindset always states that top products must be there for a good reason. This approach is used by most modern developers and publishers and almost all of the most popular apps used this approach to attract user attention.
All this simply means that apps should be found by user’s specific keyword research. This visibility transforms into downloads successive to popularity & revenue generation. And that is all you need at the end! The approach of ASO is predefined and remains same for all promoters. But the only thing that matters is effectiveness of promotion, implementation matters.
Goals of App Store Optimization
Though the major goal is app downloads, but it also aims to do the following:
- Expand brand’s liability
- Positive app review and ratings
- Engagement of Audience
- Additional marketing channel diversity
Why ASO is important?
When the long and hard development process is done, one expects to see the well-deserved results of the hard work. But as the competition has become so extreme, breaking through the competition is a rough task.
ASO is a latent key to gain attention in the busy market!
With hundreds of thousands of apps in each app store strive to rank above each other; ASO comes as a secret firearm. It will impact your app’s rankings and overall success. App store optimization is one of the ways by which application developers can improve the discovery of their app. ASO covers all elements of your app’s product page such as screenshots, icon, product description, category, name & keywords you used to portray and sell your app.
Keyword Research Tools for App Store Optimization
Similar to search engine optimization, ASO also has some of its best tools for research of keywords. Let’s discuss them in detail.
- AppTweak: It is one of the most complete keyword tools in the market. It aims at providing features, data, suggestions and data accuracy. This keyword tool is based on native dictionaries to help you find the best. AppTweak helps to audit, optimize and monitor the keywords on both the stores.
What features are in keyword tool?
You can select top keywords and suggestions for picking up the right keywords including ranked keywords, suggested keywords, search ad networks etc. The insights of keyword’s performance are also visible so that you can compare your daily keyword ranking with competitors. You can also measure the performance of your keyword and compare your progression.
- Google Keyword Planner: Google keyword planner is a free Google Ads tool for new or experienced advertisers that are like a workshop for building new search network campaigns. You can use it to search for keywords and see how a list of keywords might perform.It also helps to choose competitive bids & budgets to use with your campaigns!
From researching keywords to get historical statistics & traffic forecasts like search volume, predicted clicks & estimated conversions, Keyword planner can give you an idea of some best keywords and campaign performance.
- Sensor Tower: Sensor tower provides mobile developers with powerful marketing intelligence and App Store optimization solutions that enable them to easily surface the competitive insights and achieve maximum organic growth. Get suggestions for the best keywords and compare them to your competitor’s ones to generate more organic growth.
Its free version is available and you can easily take a trial!
It is accurate, user-friendly and insightful and the platform allows you to track keywords currently ranked for your app and find top apps ranked for selected keywords. You can evaluate keywords through multiple metrics like traffic, difficulty etc.
- Mobile Action: Mobile action is a perceptive App store optimization tool which provides actionable acumen for their users. You will get the most accurate data and ASO claims for that.“The best way to track the other advertising networks and creative trends – Mobile Action.”
It will help to understand and develop the status on App stores. It also has a devoted customer team to handle queries globally with 24/7 availability. The tool can help you figure out your competitor’s keywords, find new one and more.
As keyword research is the main step for optimization of an app, so one must put proper time for finding the right keywords to target. For those who are in search of a tool which can help you to analyze keyword to find out if it is hard or easy to rank.
App store optimization is not a momentary matter now. You need to work with keywords, receive good ratings/reviews and keep track of the results. Go for a perfect set of keywords by researching and optimizing!