In the trending era of business development and branding, going digital has created a lot of buzz. Undoubtedly, the new and smart strategies for the business are the need of the hour. The current business market is full of large as well as small scale business, and each of them is competing with one another. Consequently, the biggest challenge that both consumers & producers have to face is the presence of different brands selling the same product. The level of competition has become so high with such situations. Now how can a brand or business make themselves apart from the other? To make your product recognized by the audience, you need to follow smart digital marketing approach.
What is Digital Marketing?
So what is Digital Marketing and how it helps in a business growth? The term is the advertising and promotion strategy of a business or brand through the digital media channels. It is popularly known as a tool to carry on marketing for any product online. This broad term includes advertising, promoting and strengthening the online presence of business digitally or through digital platforms. Digital platforms or media includes websites, social media, mobile and even forms of traditionally non-digital media. Some of digital tactics that fall under the shed of Digital marketing is Digital advertising, Email marketing. Content marketing, PPC, online brochures and many others. Unlike other offline marketing efforts, digital marketing allows getting accurate results in real time. In other words, Digital Marketing allows you to easily measure your ROI of any aspect of your marketing efforts.
Types of Digital Marketing
The scope of digital marketing is very broad and includes all form of marketing. There are many types of digital marketing services that define the success of your marketing campaign. But you need to choose the type of service depending on the business needs. Read ahead to have an idea of its types.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – It refers to the process of growing online visibility of a website in organic search results. It is generally a process of including several techniques like link building, content creation, keyword research and technical analysis of the business site. When you are placed at top in the search engine results, it results in gaining a lot of traffic. Also the higher you rank on search engine result pages; more traffic is directed to your site. SEO process includes both on & off page SEO, both having its own benefits.
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing) – Search engine marketing covers paid traffic from search engines. Through SEM, you can purchase advertisement space that appears on a user’s SERP. The search engine charges a specific amount to a marketer in order to display advertisement in number of places on a SERP generated from specific keywords.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – Digital marketing companies pays a lot of stress on these form of marketing. Many of the social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram etc help in establishing direct contact with the user. A strong social media presence will help you build an online community to help the brand’s image and reputation.
- Content Marketing – Content marketing is the process of delivering unique and quality content to the users to generate sales & leads. Content marketing can be done by keeping your audience into mind. Make sure to take care of type of audience you are talking and their interest area. Also use keywords into your content to boost SEO.
- PPC – It helps to increase the visibility of site through sponsored links on search engine pages. The campaign is relevant to the keywords that people use on search engines. The cost of campaigns depends on the competitiveness of the keyword you are using. It is very effective method to get instant traffic for specific keywords.
- Affiliate Marketing – It is a process of paying for the conversions. There is not any upfront cost to affiliate marketing and the affiliate earns commission in this process. Make sure to discuss earlier all your terms & boundaries while choosing affiliate marketing.
- Influencer Marketing – This is a new type of digital marketing process which uses people with a massive online reach considered experts by your target market to drive traffic & sales. This is mainly popular on social media channels. Companies now hire social media people having large followings to promote their brand.
- Email Marketing – You can update your email subscribers on regular basis with Email marketing. The best email marketing campaign involves a list of subscribers earned by your content and company both. This helps in building brand trust & loyalty.
Future of Digital Marketing
Due to popularity gained by digital media, many of the marketing agencies, business organizations and consumers have shifted towards digital media. Most digital media including websites, social media and mobile advertising is much easier to track than the traditional marketing process. Many forms of digital advertising are very low in cost for business owners. They can make their web presence, engage customers through social media or email marketing at a very economic cost. Digital marketing is suitable for businesses of any size and that is the reason, more and more organizations are adopting this technique for building brand reputation.
Whether you hold small or large business, you can effectively market your business through low-cost digital channels. Digital marketing does the following for your brand or business:
- It appropriately represents your business or brand (in terms of look & feel)
- It competently speaks to your target audience
- Your brand can be founded by searchers on the top search engines
- It provides multiple channels to your business for customer’s communication
- Makes your business easily navigable by people over search results
Digital marketing helps you to identify trends & patterns about how people are behaving with your brand. Hence, you can make better strategies in future to attract more consumers to the website. Not only this, you can even get the exact amount of visitors who have viewed your website with the help of digital marketing tools so that you can make improvements further. Moreover, optimizing your website’s content through digital marketing strategies help in increasing visibility on search engines. Digital marketing also let you estimate performance of your content and informs how engaging your content is so that you can use for lead generation for your website. Whatever digital marketing strategies you choose, they will all connect and tie into your foundation of your business!