Drinking on empty stomach is really a bad idea as drinking alcohol can make a huge brunt on how you are going to feel that night as well as the next morning. You should take care of eating something before start drinking. Second, drinking on an empty stomach can also affect your health. Contrary to this, having a pack of wholesome food rich in protein & healthy fats not only will help you drink more but also help in slowing down its absorption into your blood. In short, taking a few precautions before consuming alcohol can lessen the damage as per the expert saying.
Below is the list of best foods you should eat before drinking alcohol that is rich in fiber, protein, and healthy fats:
- Eggs – Eggs are very beneficial and taking it before alcohol can slow down the digestion of alcohol. It will also keep you filling for a longer period of time and having a filling meal can help in reducing the late night cravings. The recipe form of egg is up to you how you want to take it.
- Tomatoes – The components present in tomatoes helps to cure irritation in the body and maintaining the balance of body fluids.
- Yogurt – A low-fat yogurt is a great snack to have before going out. It contains all the important nutrients which will stick to your gut and will help indigestion.
- Oats – It is also a great source of fiber plus protein which calm the effect of alcohol into your body.
- Bananas – You can have bananas as a snack as well as it is rich in fiber and will help to slow down the alcohol intake into the blood. They will also keep you hydrated for a long time.
- Fruits & Veggies – Eating a sufficient amount of fruits & veggies will provide antioxidants & vitamins which will help to stay healthy with a good quantity of water too.
- Pickle – You can take pickle as it is the most common food before having alcohol to refill the sodium levels which stops the hangovers.
- Hummus – Hummus can help you to raise the amount of vitamin B. Also they consist of amino acids which will help in the hangover.
- Salmon – The rich component, omega-3 fatty acids, which is present in salmon help in reducing the bad effects of alcohol. It also helps in the saturation of alcohol due to the protein present in it.
- Water – Keep yourself hydrated to avoid hangovers and develop your limits. You can even have water in between your drinks as well.
- Milk – Milk is rich in potassium, it will keep you hydrated. You can have a glass of milk before having alcohol as it is good for you.
- Berries – Being rich in nutrients, fiber & vitamins, strawberries, blue or blackberries will keep you hydrated and reduce the effect of alcohol on your body.
- Avocado – They are a rich source of healthy fats and can be digested on a quick period of time. They work directly with your gut and reduce the intake of alcohol.
- Melon – Melons are a rich source of potassium and decrease the need for glut alcohol consumption. Apart from that, it also keeps you hydrated.
- Cereal – They are fiber-rich and provide a good shield to alcohol and its fusion. You can have it with low-fat milk.
- Almond butter – It is also filled with a huge amount of fat and will again help in slowing down the absorption of alcohol.
- Grapefruit – The nutrients found in it are fiber, vitamin C, A and, anti-oxidant components to forbid liver damage and helps in detoxification.
- Asparagus – Asparagus is a good source to promote liver health and contains amino acids to stabilize alcohol.
- Chicken – A mixture of a good amount of proteins & carbs available in chicken can be the best meal before having alcohol.
Some other foods are considered as good food is spaghetti, quinoa, sweet potatoes, trail mix, cactus, apple cider vinegar and many more. Choosing the right food before having alcohol can help you in controlling hunger and reduce the conflicting effects related to alcohol. You can sometimes feel inflate, digestive problems and issues with your body if you have not prepared yourself with a good meal before going to a drink party.
Food items like chips, crackers, sugary food, drinks, bread, pasta; sodas can cause variation in sugar levels and raise the risk of overeating as well. As a summary, choosing the right kind of food before alcohol consumption is fabulously important. Some food meals can affect badly on your health causing digestive problems, acid reflux whereas other slow down the saturation of alcohol in your body, keep you filling for a long time, increase the hydration power, reduce hangovers and increase the metabolism of the body to an extent level. If you love to drink, take care of the consumption of these food items before having it!